Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beach Cottage Decorating Project






The little houses we are renovating have now got a name -"The Seafarers Cottages" and their facelift is well underway.
The biggest change so far has been the windows. We replaced all the old brown aluminum sliders with old wooden windows which we have collected from tips, building sites and op shops over the years. The new old windows match in beautifully with the original wooden windows and really contribute to the rustic old-world vibe.
I am contemplating exterior paint colours and an overall theme for the interiors and have some inspiring pics here to share.
If anyone has other great seaside cottage pics - please post them!

12 comments:

  1. I love the bold stripes on the floor! I don't think I've ever seen something quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine
    I am just swooning over this post, I love it all!!! I would love to share seaside photos with you ~ I will let you know when I post some...in the meantime your blog is beautiful !
    :) Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful i love the effectcreated by painting the floor board in the first image:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is lovely. great pics and inspiring ideas. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend,
    Rosa from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of the floor boards in fact I'm loving your entire blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I have spent a good hour looking over your blog and I love it. I'm adding this one to my blog roll.
    Best Carolyn
    www.desireempire.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving reading about your housey escapades, and the stripey floor is heaven. You've reignited my desire to travel more and to purchase the stripe rug from Armadillo I've been agonising over. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm Allie from Mrs. Schmidheiser Blog! Love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I've been lurking your site and I'm loving your designs. I'm from http://www.housenet.com.au/ - a social media site that's all about houses/homes in AU. We are about to release an online renovation tool soon. Have you tried something like this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Catherine,
    Here’s a funny video we created about the pitfalls of renovation (http://youtu.be/rMK7z_VvnIc). It’s a parody of reality renovation TV shows called Do Birds Renovate? It’s already going viral, and I think your community/audience would enjoy it. We’d love if you could share – thanks!

    ReplyDelete