Friday, August 7, 2009

Buying Frenzy



I have just returned from the Melbourne Home and Giving/Life In Style trade fairs where buyers and store owners go to get inspiration and to order their wares for the lead up to Christmas.
I am intrigued to see how the trends change. Two years ago there was lots of faded pastels of shabby chic. Now the same suppliers' ranges have morphed into French provincial and its all beige linens, french typography and Louis legs. Not that this is a bad thing - I am guilty of going weak at the knees over anything beige with a red stripe - but I am glad to see that there are more eclectic ranges gaining in popularity.
A few companies with a more directional edge spruiked the industrial look and the eclectic "India meets the middle east" riot of pattern and colour.
I am interested to hear what others think are the next big looks for interiors?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the distressed hardwood floors trend, similar to the flooring that's in the image. Armstrong has flooring products that I like.

    Distressed Hardwood Floors

    ReplyDelete