Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hunting Lodge Style




This week I flew down to Melbourne preview the new Meizai concept store in Richmond. Meizai is a collection of unique designer accessories and furniture for the home and until now was a name familiar only to (and available only through) decorators and up-market retailers. 

Pick of the rooms was what I call the "explorer's den", a masculine study with shabby leather chesterfields, industrial tables and lights, brass desk ornaments and framed fossils and specimens. It's a look Ralph Lauren did very well back in the 80s and 90s and has recreated this season with the Indian Cove Lodge Collection, pictured.
I am no fan of hunting but I do like the interiors!
 
I will be doing my version of this look updated with pieces of industrial-inspired furniture. You'll be seeing it at In My House soon...


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Just found your blog, look forward to reading more about the behind scenes gossip, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete