Monday, January 25, 2010

Love An Aqua Kitchen




Quite a few people wrote some very kind comments about my aqua kitchen so I thought I'd share another one Robbie and I did at our very first beach house reno at a house overlooking Jervis Bay, which inspired the colour.
The colour is actually the colour of seaglass or the colour of a breaking wave.
We attempted to integrate all the practical features - the gas cooktop is almost seamless in the s/s bench; the fridge and pantry are tucked in behind the s/s wall which houses the microwave and oven, and of course the sink - where we use to bath our new born baby - is integrated.
That makes this kitchen over 7 years old!


5 comments:

  1. Its just that it looks so simple and so relaxed. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine
    I just discovered your blog ... the cottage looks fantastic!
    As a child we used to holiday at Culburra Beach on the south coast (which I noticed you have a beach house). I haven't been there for 15+ years ... I'm sure its changed a lot!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny i have been thinking about the "cool aqua kitchen" for the last few days... and still LOVE it... and this one too. are there two different ones???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there are 2 aqua kitchens - this one is in Callala and was actually done about 7 years ago, although I still love its simplicity. It is in a 60s fibro beach cottage we renovated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE the aqua. you have done a fantastic job with both of your kitchens. I am now totally inspiried to do 'aqua' in my beach house kitchen too...a BIG thank u Cate

    ReplyDelete