Saturday, June 5, 2010

SATC 2 - the "Other" interiors







OK, OK, much has been blogged about Carrie and Big's apartment in Sex And The City 2, but I only saw the movie last night!
In between burning breakfast pancakes and blogging this morning I am enjoying the afterglow of the inspired set decorating. I just love the elegant arm chairs in the main apartment and I imagine that this shape will be appearing in living rooms everywhere soon.
Here are some pics of the not-so-talked-about interiors in the movie.

I have to say I LOVE the new colour of Carrie's old "bachelorette" apartment though in my opinion the decor lacks some of the Boho chic and girly touches it had in the old days.
Decorator Jeremy Conway used a custom mixed colour close to Benjamin Moore's Electric Blue and I like the fact that it is slightly "marine", rather than a clear sky blue. Marine blue is my husband's favourite colour and it may be popping up at the beach cottages soon.

Charlotte's pink nursery is just gorgeous and nicely eclectic. The set decorators had fun there. Love the striped commode next to the spotted wing chair juxtaposed with the modern yellow desk chair and acetate shelving.

7 comments:

  1. Havnt seen it yet but agree that the sets have always been one of my fav things about the show....actually you are no doubt like me and spend a lot of movies peering behind the characters dreaming about their environments, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the DVD so I can pause the scenes and take a good look at the set detail. My favourite line was when Carrie ran into her fav fashion sales person at Bergdorfs (?) and apologised for her absence because she was off having "an affair" with decorating.Something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank goodness for some different pics! Off to see the movie tomorrow so I finally get to have what she's having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, love the black and white striped dresser in the nursery!!! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katherine,
    So glad you posted some NEW images!
    While I just adore the new apartment of C & B, specifically the blue Anne Sacks (?) tiles in the kitchen, I, too, love C's old apartment, and the blue on the walls is so cool. I think the furniture in there is wonderful, and totally balance the strong blue walls, could have turned into a fishbowl....

    Anyway, thanks for the new perspective!
    Have a great weekend,
    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for contributing. Those kitchen tiles are fab.

    ReplyDelete