Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Through The Looking Glass




Fashion photographer Tim Walker creates amazing images that are quintessentially, eccentrically, English. When I think of his elaborate sets I think of the imagination of Lewis Carroll and Alice In Wonderland. I love the way he uses beautiful interiors as a backdrop for his models.
I met Tim way back when we were both starting out in magazine land. I was the fledgling art director at Harpers Bazaar and he was in Sydney on a sort of working holiday from England and assisted our equally talented and imaginative fashion editor, Jane Roarty who has been a mentor for many of us.

5 comments:

  1. What an incredible artist Tim Walker is. I love all 3 sets but the top picture is heavenly. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first image is absolutely stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá Amiga! Sou sua seguidora e sempre visito seu blog, mas hoje passei para te convidar pata conhecer o meu cantinho!Te espero lá...
    bjossss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pics. I just love the dresses in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i want that blue gown... so stunning!

    ReplyDelete