Friday, July 23, 2010

California Dreaming







I am getting nervous as the day Simon Kenny comes down to photograph my beach cottages is drawing near...
I submit other people to the terror of having their houses photographed for magazines regularly. And to the torture of being grilled on their decorating decisions... but hate having the cameras turned on me. I'll admit it.
In the meantime I am loving these photos from House Beautiful of a 1938 beach cottage in California. The all white backdrop with hits of green and pink is a nice change. The odd piece of vintage furniture is always fun at the beach.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine, at least you know the photography will be high quality! I'd be the same though. Follow your heart. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the end result. Kindest, Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your pics will be sensational - after all, with the two of you on the job, how could they not be? Oh, and I'm completely in love with this beach house too - bright and beautiful. K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cottage is beautiful - and I am positive the photo's of yours will be to (particularly after what we have seen of them already). Enjoy the grilling.....

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be nervous too but I'm sure your cottages are gorgeous and everything will look fab. Hope to see you in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, love the pretty colors, love the happu vibe!! Looking forward to a sneak peak of your cottages, a little nervousness is healthy!

    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the pics! Love the lightness and brightness of these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that green and white faux tiger skin rug! That would fit perfectly in my crazy little house. It would make me laugh every time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete