Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Decorating - Starts Here!


What is happening here - I'm starting to feel festive already. Maybe its because I'm a mother of an eight year old.

This is a happy snap of the beginnings of my Christmas styling theme. Red, white and grey. The grey is to match my newly restored and re-upholstered armchairs, just back from the upholsterer.
BTW this is one of a pair of old chairs I found at a second hand store. I just loved the shape and have had them for a few years now.

The fabric is a hard-wearing, heavy duty plush that I will admit I picked up at Spotlight for the bargain price of $12 a metre! (See, you don't have to pay $1000 - $1500 for an armchair if you look around.)

The "owl" bunting, made by one of the mothers at my daughter's school, is perfect and not too kitsch.

That huge star is from Ikea and is the best star I've seen out there - it even lights up!
What has inspired your decor for this Christmas?

13 comments:

  1. Love this colour scheme - traditional but too not old-fashioned. The charcoal is the perfect touch! I think I'm going with gold, silver and navy this year to tie in with my own mustard yellow and navy sofas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunting I have been thinking of making some red and white bunting for a couple of years, maybe this will be the year it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that star is lovely! That may be my inspiration this year. Thx!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love that star! Ikea... here I come!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  5. great chair makeover! and can't wait to see your decorations ups :) Bet your 8yo has fun helping!

    Romana

    (I can't post comments under my blogger logon for some reason? sorry for the anon)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bargain hunting!!! Love the grey in the mix... interesting!
    I think I will be picking up that star... I'm all about the white christmas this year..perhaps with a punch color thrown in the mix, but I am not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gets me so excited for the holidays...love the star!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I MUST get myself down to Ikea for a spending spree - I hear it calling my name even as I type!!

    I really love your red, white and grey colour scheme - in fact, I love your whole blog!! Stalker alert!!! ;-)

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best mattress for loft bed
    mattress is just as essential though. Mainly, because of healthy sleep. Just like us adults a child is not immune to an uncomfortable sleeping area. It can and will have long term affects on the child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,

    I wonder what was that "G" for?..
    Anyway, my wife start to buy decorations for the holidays last month! And who is not excited for Christmas, specially when you have a twin boys and a 3year old girl.. Wheeww!

    Merry Christmas to all!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely theme. This year my table setting is going to be white green and silver. Will post when it is set. Love a good star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the finishing touches. Gets me so excited for the holidays too. :)

    condo for sale

    ReplyDelete