Thursday, September 23, 2010

Room for A Dressing Room

Carrie Bradshaw's new old dressing room in SATC2.
Jenna Lyon's dressing room in a Brooklyn townhouse.
Carrie's bachelorette dressing room again.

The matrimonial dressing room in SATC2- fabulous but a bit precious for me.

My husband cannot understand why I have so many pairs of shoes, no matter how many times I have tried to explain it to him. I have stressed the practicality issue of having the right heel and colour for every occasion. How you have to keep a supply of dressy thongs (flipflops) and beach thongs for summer and boots for winter. Then there's high heels, kitten heels and cork platforms and wedges - all important to have on stand-by.
Then there's the archive. I have even kept a few pairs of fabulous designer favourites that don't really fit me since going up a size after becoming a mother. (Isn't that another strange motherhood mystery?).
So I am pondering the possibilites of having a dressing room which may have to share space with my home office. Jenna Lyons (J.Crew style maven) has converted a whole room in her townhouse to hers. Even gals in tight New York apartments find room for them. And then there is Carrie Bradshaw's in SATC.
I would settle for something like the closet in her bachelorette flat. In fact I would prefer it to the one she shares with Mr Big in the new digs. (I am not keen on men who have tie collections.)
What is your dressing room dream?

5 comments:

  1. A good-sized walk-in closet would be a dream! We have a small one but you can barely turn around in it and there is no storage for shoes!! I would love just a huge shelf unit for my shoes so that they don't end up under my bed, in the entrance closet, under the sofas, lined up at the door....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any of the above!

    Seriously though...why do you go up in size? I'm like half a size bigger too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would so love a larger walk in closet with a dressing area!!

    I have a Giveaway by the French Basketeer that I think you will love!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW feet increase in size permanently during pregnancy in 50-75% of women because of the hormones associated with your ligaments stretching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across this as a follow up to the Townhouse used as SJP's pad selling today. I dream in closets so loved this post ♥

    Btw my feet did expand to an 8 in the last month of pregnancy but I'm back to 7 1/2 (and she's now 9).

    :)

    ReplyDelete