Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Colour Clash





Clashing colour combinations have always been a favourite of mine. Thinking about doing up the second bedroom at one of the beach cottages, I can't get past blue and green (which should never be seen). Pink and orange or red and pink would have t be my most loved combination.
Most interior designers stick to the correct combos in colour theory (more or less)- like red and green, yellow and purple or blue, or orange and blue.
What is your fav combination?

9 comments:

  1. The third one has captured my imagination, classic with a twist.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last image. I love orange and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like red and purple accents in a a neutral room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definitely blue and green!! That first image and the blue/green fabric are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an interior designer, I reckon that all rules are always up for grabs!

    Sometimes the most surprising combinations evoke the strongest reactions ~ like pale blue with deep vermilion {which I remember one of my uni professors said we were never allowed to do or he would disown us. Why? I wonder, as this is one of the most attention grabbing and delightful of combos!}

    Blue and green ~ especially playing around with different tones ~ is just one of those enduringly delicious classics which makes a room sing. And SO perfect for a coastal theme ~ I look forward to images of the bedroom when done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Catherin,

    Love the colour clashes. They're ZESTY and FUN.

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. luved the blue color pallette in the room.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combination on the room. It is so pleasing in the eyes and so lively. I'm glad I've read this article. Thanks for posting. I got many ideas in remodeling my room.

    ReplyDelete