Thursday, May 23, 2013

More about country life: Becoming local



There are lots of things that surprise me about living in the country. I will always be a "blow-in" as we call it here in Australia, no matter what. They say it takes at least 20 years before the born and bred country folk might consider you an honorary local. This is not such a big deal most of the time and there have been some breakthroughs.
Being invited to the Pyree Ball - the local farming community's annual knees-up, is a definite sign that you are on the road to being accepted.
Sharing my farm-grown produce, like the huge blue pumpkins modeled by my daughter above, gives me street cred.
Does anyone have any tricks for winning over the locals?

4 comments:

  1. Baking competitions is a possible one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely photos!...It sounds like you might have already won over the locals!...xv

    http://vickiarcher.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s actually huge! I hope your daughter is okay while carrying that heavy pumpkin. I was surprised that you were actually the one who planted and harvested that pumpkin. Good job! It looks really good and healthy. Keep up the good work! Hope you’ll show more of your farm products.

    My Webblog: Online PhD UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    Also visit my web-site; Evgeni Malkin Jersey

    ReplyDelete